It’s Pledge time! October 15th to November 19th 2017
As we continue to live into this new chapter in the life of St. Peter’s, and invite others to come to know God through our shared ministry, it is essential that we maintain and enliven our many programs (Outreach, Church School, Music, just to name a few). Our ministry depends on your pledging, the practice of intentional giving to your parish community.
In the words of Rev. Campbell,
Stewardship is an invitation to invest yourself through the resources God has given you — your time, your gifts, your prayers, and your money — into this amazing work of transformation to which God has called St. Peter’s. Stewardship is an invitation to grow deeper in your relationship with God and is an act of gratitude and trust in God.
St. Peter’s needs to receive your financial commitment during this time so the Vestry can budget appropriately for the following year. Pledging is easy. This year, you have three options for registering your pledge:
- Use the paper pledge cards that arrive in the mail and are also located in the pews, Parish Hall and in the Narthex of the sanctuary.
- Download the pledge form, fill it out manually and mail it in to the church office. Click here.
- Fill out the new, online pledge form, using this link.
If paying via check or stock, please mail in your payment according to your payment schedule. If you wish to pay with a credit card, please use the “Donate” button below to pay via PayPal. (There is an option to set up monthly payments, if you use this method.)
|“Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6.21|
Proportional Giving as a Percentage of Annual Income
2018 Stewardship Letter from Scott Westfold and Tom Keery, Co-Chairs
Let Us Practice Loving Generously!
Dear Members and Friends of St. Peter’s:
On Sunday, October 15th, we kicked off our annual stewardship campaign, and in celebration I want to share with you what I see as God’s bounty at St. Peter’s. We are truly blessed by the renewal Rev. Lynn Campbell has brought to our congregation, the dedication of lay leaders, the new life embodied in the many new members and families who have joined us, and the abundant resources we have to share with our community.
God’s love truly shines on all of us at St Peter’s. If all our personal and material blessings are God’s gift to us, then stewardship is our gift back to God. Let us return God’s love by pledging to this year’s campaign. Let us strengthen our love for one another and continue our tradition of taking care of one another here at St Peter’s, in our community, and in the world around us. Let us celebrate this stewardship season by loving generously.
Why is your pledge important to St Peter’s?
- Peter’s is completely dependent on your financial generosity to operate. St. Peter’s does not receive regular funding from the Diocese of Massachusetts or other outside sources. Member pledges pay for everything you value at St. Peter’s from Sunday services, to our wonderful clergy and staff, and to all the parish’s programs.
- The act of pledging your support to St. Peter’s is even more important than the amount you give. By making a pledge to St. Peter’s, you connect yourself to the parish community and claim St. Peter’s as your spiritual home.
- Peter’s needs not only your financial support but your time and talent also. The lay leadership of St. Peter’s shapes every aspect of life at the parish. Join us in providing your talents and discover the deeply rewarding experience of making a difference at the parish.
How can you make a difference?
As we continue to live into this new chapter in the life of St. Peter’s, and invite others to come to know God through our shared ministry, it is essential that we maintain and enliven our many programs (Outreach, Church School, Music to name a few). To achieve this, in an environment of rising costs and transitions in our pledging families, will require us to make up about 10% of our contributions through new or increased pledges. If you have not pledged in the past please consider doing so, and if you have and are able, please consider increasing your pledge by 10 %.
Our “Loving Generously” campaign begins now and will end on Sunday, November 19th. Pledging is easy – you may use the attached pledge card or pledge online. Pledge cards will also be available at Sunday services. You can also pay your pledge by credit card or on line through PayPal (above). As is our custom, parishioners will be recognized and thanked in our Sunday bulletin.
Scott Westvold & Tom Keery
2018 Stewardship Co-Chairs