Engage the Spirit!
It’s Pledge time! October 16th to November 20th 2017
On October 16th, we launched the 2017 Stewardship Campaign with the theme “Engage the Spirit.” The Holy Spirit is at work at St. Peter’s and we are invited to engage the Spirit in our mission and ministry as a parish community. This year is especially important as we welcome our new Rector and begin shaping with one another and with God the vision for the future of our church. In the words of Rev. Campbell,
Stewardship is an invitation to invest yourself through the resources God has given you — your time, your gifts, your prayers, and your money — into this amazing work of transformation to which God has called St. Peter’s. Stewardship is an invitation to grow deeper in your relationship with God and is an act of gratitude and trust in God.
Click here to read Rev. Lynn Campbell’s letter about the importance of pledging. Our ministry depends on your pledging, the practice of intentional giving to your parish community.
St. Peter’s needs to receive your financial commitment during this time so the Vestry can budget appropriately for the following year. Pledging is easy. You will find pledge cards in the pews, Parish Hall and in the narthex. We will include your name in the Stewardship Campaign for 2017 unless specifically instructed to do otherwise. Questions? Click here for answers to commonly asked questions.
|“Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6.21|
Proportional Giving as a Percentage of Annual Income
2017 Stewardship Letter from Scott Westfold and Tom Keery, Co-Chairs
Dear Members and Friends of St. Peter’s,
Engage The Spirit!
As we embark on our 103rd year at St. Peters, evidence abounds that a new spirit of renewal is upon us. We have welcomed our new Rector, The Reverend Lynn M. Campbell, are being joined by many new members and families, and have celebrated the completion of many of our “Faith in the Future” facility projects. None of this could be possible without the commitment of so many parishioners’ time, talent and treasure — stewardship at its very best.
We must now take the steps necessary to ensuring we have the continued resources to realize the future we have envisioned for our spiritual home. For St. Peter’s to continue to adequately fund outreach, church school, music, flowers and all of our other ministries, our parishioners must engage. Engage in the Spirit of growth. Engage in the Spirit of change. Engage in the Spirit of employing the gifts that God has given us.
The importance of your pledge cannot be overemphasized.
- All your personal and material blessings are God’s gift to you — Stewardship is your gift back to God. A pledge is not a charitable gift. It is not a membership fee for a club. It is your offering to God out of the time, talent, and treasure for which you provide stewardship during this lifetime.
- Peter’s is completely dependent on your financial generosity to operate. St. Peter’s does not receive funds from the Massachusetts Diocese or other outside sources. Member pledges pay for everything you value at St. Peter’s from Sunday services, to our wonderful clergy and staff, to all the parish’s programs.
- The act of pledging your support to St. Peter’s is even more important than the amount you give. By making a pledge to St. Peter’s, you connect yourself to the parish community and claim St. Peter’s as your spiritual home.
- Peter’s needs not only your financial support, but your time and talent also. The lay leadership of St. Peter’s shapes every aspect of life at the parish. Join us in providing your talents and discover the deeply rewarding experience of making a difference at the parish.
- We hope you will consider making the pledge amount cited below. In order to bridge the financial deficit St. Peter’s has faced for many years, we need each member to contribute as generously as possible.
Our “Engage the Spirit” Campaign is now underway, and will end on Sunday, November 20th. Pledging is easy — you may use the pledge card (see link on this page), or just send us an email with your pledged amount. You can also pay your pledge by credit card or online through PayPal, using the “Donate” button at the top of the page. As is our custom, parishioners will be recognized and thanked in our Sunday bulletin.
Scott Westvold & Tom Keery
2017 Stewardship Co-Chairs